Whatever the reason for your wisdom teeth removal, Dr. Heath Hendrickson will make sure that you are safe and comfortable during your procedure.
During each procedure, Dr. Wisdom Teeth will take the following steps:
- Remember that the patient will be sedated for their procedure, so it is important that they have nothing to eat or drink (including water and other liquids) for 5 hours before the appointment.
- The consultation, X-rays and procedure will all be completed in one visit, and the complete appointment will take about an hour.
- Several IV medications will be administered through a simple IV in the patient’s arm and within a few minutes the patient will be completely asleep. Generally, the sedation lasts 15-30 minutes. The patient will be monitored closely by our team CRNA throughout the entirety of the procedure.
- After the patient is asleep, a local anesthetic will be used to numb the surgery site and prevent pain upon waking.
- If the tooth or teeth are covered by gum tissue or bone, they will be opened or removed in order to access the teeth.
- Once uncovered, the tooth will be extracted, either whole or in segments.
- When the tooth or teeth are removed, the site, if necessary, is closed with stitches that will dissolve within three to five days.
- As soon as the patient is able they will be transported by wheelchair to their ride in the parking lot and our team will help them get situated comfortably before heading for home.
Recovery from your surgery usually takes 3 – 5 days depending on the level of your wisdom teeth impaction. Please follow the directions below to make your visit and recovery go as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment, reach out to 801-370-0050 to go over our wisdom teeth surgeries in Layton, Provo or Midvale, Utah.